Vanguard’s Four Primary Benefits
The four primary benefits enjoyed by Vanguard’s clients are the equivalent of a grand-slam homerun.
First and foremost is…Risk Management Against Enforcement Penalties. When considering enforcement risks, it’s important to understand the practical nature of four downside risks that come with virtually every violation:
- When a penalty policy is set from $56,000 to $102,000 per day (i.e., EPA’s current penalty policy according to the Consumer Price Index – (CPI / 2021), the civil fine itself is no small concern.
- But with that comes attorneys’ fees, generally resulting in another 30% to 50% beyond the fine levied against the corporate violator.
- Then, a lawsuit or litigation lasts one to three years, resulting in an immeasurable cost of lost productivity.
- Finally, the corporate violator ends up on inspectors’ “Hit Lists,” shared by personnel from one agency to another. In other words, inspectors do network!
- The second primary benefit is Legislative Updating since regulatory laws evolve by about 30% per year via amendments and newly-enacted laws. Vanguard regularly upgrades its systems to screen its clients’ compliance matters on a continuous basis.
- Third is Defensible Documentation, a tangible outgrowth of the precision due diligence executed on a client’s site-specific regulatory compliance matters. Why? The client’s Defensible Documentation serves as an Inspection Showpiece when an inspector comes to conduct an inspection. And this benefit comes with every compliance project generated in behalf of the client. We call this evidence-based compliance and it’s rare that enforcement inspectors don’t applaud the client’s commitment to compliance when they see Vanguard’s work, which sends them out the front door with a smile on their face and the matter resolved.
- Finally, the client’s Economic Benefits are substantial in overall savings. Because we execute precision due diligence at the outset of every client relationship, a company’s investment in its compliance is made only toward its compliance gaps, never on extraneous issues where compliance is not mandated. Therefore, many compliance problems are eliminated and the client’s site-specific compliance program is illuminated. This positions Vanguard to perform its role in terms of just a few turnkey compliance projects, simplifying our cost structures to that of flat-rate fees, as opposed to excessive “billable hours.”